Visit line C - interiors of 18th and 19th century

The visit line C presents interiors furnished in styles classicism, empire and historicism. Bigger part of visit line is furnished with authentic furniture and paintings from hunting castle of the family Černín called Jemčina. The walls of a few chambers are decorated with unusual pictures - portraits of members of pack of hunting dogs painted by Petr Václav Berger in 1730s. The tour ends in the music pavilion Rondell - original manneristic building constructed during the reign of Lords of Hradec and intensively used by earls Slavata and Černín.

The furnishings of Adam's building's ground floor remind especially the time when the members of family Černín didn't use Jindřichův Hradec castle just for longer stays. The rooms show more free approach in furnishing of interiors in aristocratic mansions in 19th century. The comfort and individual taste of the owners were more important than the abidance of style. The bigger part of furnishings comes from the hunting chateau of Černín family, constructed according to plans of architect Anselmo Lurago, follower of famous Prague architect František Maxmilián Kaňka.



The hunting chateau Jemčina was expropriated by Czechoslovak state during the land reform in 1923. The furnishings were partly taken to other mansions of family Černín and certain part was brought here and it remained here also after the confiscation of Černín's local domain after the WWII in 1945. The furniture, paintings, portraits and smaller parts of furnishings are reminding the individual members of family Černín and their interests and hobbies. The hunting chateau Jemčina and its surrounding forests were the venue of different kinds of hunting. The members of family Černín were big supporters and benefactors of science and art. The regular guests of the hunting chateau Jemčina were famous artists, writers, intellectuals, historians, linguists and other interesting personalities. The tour ends in the music pavilion Rondell. This extraordinary building was constructed already during the reign of Lords of Hradec but it was used more intensively by earls Slavata and Černín - most often for welcoming of important guest and organizing of feasts, banquets, balls and different festivities.



We hold the lunch break in June between 12 and 13 o'clock.

Basic information

  • duration 50 minutes
  • max. 35 people

Opening hours

Period Days Hours
2. 6.–5. 7. Tue–Sun 10.00–16.15
6. 7. Mon 10.00–16.15
7. 7.–30. 8. Tue–Sun 10.00–16.15

The times mentioned as the end of the opening time are the beginning times of the last daily tours. We hold the lunch break June between 12 and 13 o'clock.


Tour guided in Czech language

  • Adults 120 CZK
  • Seniors (65+), students (16 – 26), children (6-15) 80 CZK
  • Children (0 - 6) free of charge
  • Family ticket (max. 2 adults and 3 children) 310 CZK

reservation needed for groups only